Teledentistry market to be worth $4.8 billion by 2030
The global teledentistry market size is expected to reach $4.8 billion by 2030, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 16.13% from 2022 to 2030, according to a news release.
The increasing use of smartphones in dental applications is one of the primary factors augmenting the industry's growth. In addition, the rising geriatric population and growing adoption of teledentistry solutions due to convenience and cost-effectiveness are the key factors expected to fuel the industry growth during the projected period.
Key industry and other findings from the report include:
- The software and services component segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021 due to solutions launched by key players in the market. In addition, features such as streamlining communication facilities with wireless technologies are boosting growth.
- By delivery mode, the Cloud-based segment is expected to register the fastest growth rate during the projected period owing to its wide adoption among digital dentistry.
- By application, the teleconsultation segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2021 since the COVID-19 pandemic increased teledentistry for major dental consultation services. In addition, the large number of dentists available for oral health consultation is increasing the opportunity for segment growth.
- By end-use, providers held the largest revenue share of over 45% in 2021. Dental providers are getting highly accustomed to patients' personal dental care needs through virtual sessions.
- North America held the largest revenue share of more than 35% in 2021. This is due to technological advancements in the region to implement virtual dental care and the presence of large market players operating in the region.
- The market is relatively competitive owing to the presence of major players. Various strategic initiatives implemented by companies including collaborations, acquisitions, partnerships, and product launches are contributing significantly to the growth of the market.
Read the market research report in full detail, "Teledentistry Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component (Software & Services, Hardware), By Delivery Mode (Cloud-based, Web-based), By Application, By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2022 - 2030."